Posts tagged my favorite.
Emily Carroll just released a new fabulous, chilling comic.
She’s a master at what she does, so check it out.
If you are into fine, awesome comics (or fine horror stories) you’ve probably already read this, but reblogging just in case!
- JESSE EISENBERG: People on the street say mean things to me.
- INTERVIEWER: Like what?
- JESSE EISENBERG: I get called Napoleon Dynamite because I have curly hair. I live in New York City and I ride a bicycle. I always bike down 9th Avenue and there’s this kid who goes to school there named Abraham. Every time I pass him, he calls me Napoleon Dynamite. He screams it out and his friends laugh. That was a fine movie but I wasn’t in it.
- INTERVIEWER: What do you say back?
- JESSE EISENBERG: I say, “Please Abraham, I’m not that man.”
- Haymitch: Stay alive.
- Prim: Just try to win.
- Gale: You are stronger than they are.
- Katniss: I need to survive.
- Rue: You have to win.
- Peeta: I hope the arena is a giant cake.
My lords, my ladies - and everybody else here not sitting on a cushion! Today… today, you find yourselves equals. For you are all equally blessed. For I have the pride, the privilege - nay, the pleasure - of introducing to you to a knight, sired by knights. A knight who can trace his lineage back beyond Charlemagne! I first met him atop a mountain near Jerusalem, praying to God, asking his forgiveness for the Saracen blood spilt by his sword. Next, he amazed me still further in Italy when he saved a fatherless beauty from the would-be ravishing of her dreadful Turkish uncle. In Greece, he spent a year in silence… just to better understand the sound… of a whisper. And so without further gilding the lily and with no more ado, I give to you, the seeker of serenity, the protector of Italian virginity, the enforcer of our Lord God, the one, the only, Sir Ullllllllllrrrich von Lichtenstein!
THIS, and V’s alliterated speech in V for Vendetta, is my favorite monologue in cinema.
six favorite photos ➝ ( bart allen - impulse & kid flash )